Yoga Vidya International

Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality

Hatha Yoga, Yoga Therapy (166)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is the difference between contemporary Hatha-Yoga and traditional Hatha- Yoga?

Hi all I am going to join Hatha Yoga classes of yoga teacher training courses. They have offered me two types of Hatha yoga form contempora…

Started by mike clarks

0 Nov 27, 2015

Pranayama

Few words of Swami Tapovanam Pranayama, practised without a spirit of dispassion, is just like the control of breath practised by fishermen…

Started by Ajith

4 Sep 18, 2015
Reply by Meera Rajput

Online Lower Back Yoga Class and Blog

As a yoga teacher who suffered L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc herniations 30 years ago, I have been pain-free for 28 years now and teaching lower bac…

Started by Fredric Bender

7 Sep 17, 2015
Reply by Taufik Mansuri

I am using the "how to start practicing Hatha series" videos My question is do I do the beginners first after I am comfortable with and th…

Started by Blanca maltez

3 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Samarth Malhotra

How often should I do yoga in order to make progress?

How many times a week should I do yoga in order to make progress? This question was asked on our facebook page and received several answers…

Started by Editor Yoga Vidya

4 Aug 7, 2015
Reply by MadhavGoswami

seven day yoga course.

Follow seven day yoga course to be fit and healthy.

Started by Happiness For You

1 Jul 16, 2015
Reply by MadhavGoswami

How many sun salutations?

I have been asked how many sun salutations should be practiced daily. Usually I recommend 12 rounds of sun salutations. Some feel this is t…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

0 Jan 17, 2015

What postures are good for gastritis with some silight hip joint pains?

Hi From Past 8 months I have been practicing running 2km and I have done a 5k run also very recently. But I have slight hip joint pains bef…

Started by venkateswara rao

1 Jul 6, 2013
Reply by Ranga Nambakam

Are you a Yoga therapist? In what context do you offer Yoga Therapy?

In Yoga therapy, Yoga techniques are used for healing and/or preventing disease. The Yoga Practices are adapted to the symptoms/causes/the…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

5 Apr 26, 2013
Reply by Bharanidharan swaminathan

some question for beginners

I have started doing the 20 min yoga for beginners... i have been doing it for a week.. but now i feel that my feets and arms have started…

Started by p kabra

1 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by Anisvara

RSS

Yoga Vidya

Bookmark Us

© 2017   Yoga Vidya | Contact   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service