Yoga Vidya International

Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality

Meditation, Spirituality (63)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why do some meditation teachers tell you to face to the north when meditating?

Why do some meditation teachers tell you to face to the north when meditating? This question was asked by one of our Facebook friends and r…

Started by Sita Chaitanya

1 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Harshad

Which is the best seated posture?

Which is the best seated posture? One of our Facebook friends asked this question and received the following replies. Do you have anything…

Started by Sita Chaitanya

0 Jan 9, 2011

How do I know if I really meditated or not?

I have been trying to meditate for a couple years, but I'm still not sure how to tell whether I have really meditated, or whether I'm just…

Started by Editor Yoga Vidya

2 Dec 29, 2010
Reply by Sita Chaitanya

Free Ebooks on Meditation and Spirituality?

Fellow yogis,   Who can supply sources for ebooks, ideally free, on spiritual subjects such as meditation, yoga, scriptures, and other aspe…

Started by Reddy Kilowatt

0 Dec 11, 2010

Witness-Consciousness

The ego is the patron, the sense objects the audience, the intellect the dancer, the sense organs musicians playing on their instruments; a…

Started by Ajith

0 Nov 21, 2010

"I"

Imagine a limitless expanse of water: above and below, before and behind, right and left, everywhere there is water. In that water is place…

Started by Ajith

0 Oct 11, 2010

Why does meditation make me angry?

Anger seems to be a VERY common reaction to meditation. People are usually confused by it, as you expect medtation to make you more peacefu…

Started by Swami Saradananda

2 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Peter Beacham (Sankar)

Does meditation lead to isolation?

Is there a danger of isolating yourself from your feelings in meditation hence hiding from your challenges/issues in life?" This question w…

Started by Editor Yoga Vidya

0 Sep 25, 2010

How might meditation help a person with a chronic illness, such as asthma or diabetes?

People who suffer from a chronic illness often feel helpless and out of control. Meditation helps them to gain the strength to look at thei…

Started by Swami Saradananda

3 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Swami Saradananda

Online Yoga

GreetingsYoga Retreat is a site for your help.There are so many benefits of yoga.Yoga is perhaps the only form of activity which massages a…

Started by meenakshijsr

0 Sep 11, 2010

RSS

Yoga Vidya

Bookmark Us

© 2017   Yoga Vidya | Contact   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service