Yoga Vidya International

Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality

I have heard that meditation can be dangerous. Is that true?
One of our Facebook friends asked this question and received the following replies. Do you have anything to add to this?

Bobby: as dangerous as breathing

Claire: I believe that meditation frees your mind, body and spirit. Is freedom dangerous ?

Agus: In my opinion isn't true. I always do meditation and it makes me fresh my mind, etc n meditation can make ur mind n health more better.

Clara: It may be considered dangerous to some who don't want to face their own emotional baggage. But overall, it is a good way to move on this and live to be your authentic self.

Zu: I love yoga n meditation..they make me relax n think positively

Anusha: Yes, without proper guidance it is dangerous. When i was a teen i tried meditation once at home in front of a lamp. I went too deep into it and people around me were calling me and i couldn't respond. I couldn't feel my body and i though...t i was dead. I didn't know how to put my soul into my body. I couldn't move my arms and legs. I became conscious after maybe 1 minute. Went to a person who does meditation regularly and told him about the incident. Then according to his advice I learnt it properly and now i can come out that stage at ease.

Views: 1282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Mitali,

Yes dear through meditation one can realize the fact and gain the divine knowledge which brings endless happiness in life but before attempting one must follow and behave according to the initial six important guidelines Yama, Niyama, Asana, Paranayama, Pratyahar, Dharna, Dhyan and Samadhi because on the basis of these one could be able to reach the state of meditation.

I doubt without pure conduct and LOVE one can reach to the meditation.

With LOVE,
Kriyananda Maharshi Dayananda

No meditation is not dangerous in fact it is beneficial for mental health.It increases focusing power.

RSS

Yoga Vidya

Bookmark Us

© 2017   Yoga Vidya | Contact   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service