Yoga Vidya International

Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality

Hatha Yoga, Yoga Therapy (182)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to develop Muscle Strength with Yoga

Yoga can help to develop muscle strength. Often Yoga is supposed to be good for flexibility, for coordination, for concentration, for relax…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

1 May 14, 2010
Reply by Sukadev Bretz

Should one drink water during Yoga Practice?

Should one drink water during Yoga Practice? Some Yoga Masters say you should not drink water during class, as it  cools down the awakened…

Started by Michael Linde

1 May 13, 2010
Reply by Sukadev Bretz

How long does it take to feel the benefits of Yoga?

I read a lot about the benefits of Yoga. How long do I have to practice to experience the effects of it?

Started by Elke

2 May 6, 2010
Reply by Vedamurti

When to practice Yoga?

You can practice Yoga at any time of the day you feel comfortable. Here are some possibilities: practice early in the morning: You get lot…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

1 May 5, 2010
Reply by Ilze Berzina

Heroic Triangle

Heroic Triangle: To develop mental and emotional strength and balance. You can also say an affirmation: "I am strong. I am balanced. I am c…

Started by Yoga Vidya

0 May 4, 2010

Practice Janu Shirasana - to deveop forward Bend Flexibility

To develop forward bending flexibility, it is best to work on single leg forward bend, Janu Shirasana. You first stretch gently and hold f…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

0 May 3, 2010

Should I stand up after headstand?

Swami Vishnu-devananda writes in his book as far as the headstand:"Lower the legs slowly to the floor to the original position. Lower the l…

Started by Yoga Vidya

2 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by Norman

Asanas Performance and Laterality

Namaste, Hi, friends on Yoga! Now In my personal Hatha Yoga practice, I decided to experiment something new and did cross-legged padmasana…

Started by Eduardo Mendoza

2 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by Eduardo Mendoza

Holding the breath after exhalation?

I received the following question by Mail: "at yoga vidya i learn in Kapalabhati to hold the breath after the exhalation... then inhale and…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

1 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by Jacob

Breathing through nose or mouth?

I received the following question via Mail: "why do we breath only through the nose during yoga asanas? " Here is my answer: Breath and Pr…

Started by Sukadev Bretz

1 Jan 15, 2010
Reply by Jacob

RSS

© 2020   Yoga Vidya | Contact | Privacy Policy |   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service