Asanas to lose weight

Hi! I learnt basic yoga and regularly practised for 10 months. I couldn t do it for d past 3 months and put on 5 kgs. Suggest a good asana to lose 10 kgs atleast in six months time. Thanks!
This question was asked on our facebook page and received several answers - do you have any other advice?

Kavita: Hi, you can begin with paschimatosna, sarvangasana, halaasna, bhujangasana.

Mita: how abt suyranamaskar...daily...aleast it will stop putting on more weight...n help in reducing

Brandon: Active proses also, could turn wight from fat. Too lean muscle!

Poornima: A combo of suryanamaskara, halasana n sarvangasana would help.

Rajesvaran: stop pigging out!

Shweta: sumthing on diet plzz

Chamila: 5 sun solugaions a day should do.. Alsl can increase when you arde comfy with it.

H Lucy: the secret to losing weight is to increase the digestive fire. always just take a little less than your hunger. dhanurasan , paschimottanasan, surya namaskar sarvangasan are amongst the many which will help. Even pranayama will burn away unwanted accumulation in the body when holding out the breath with the three bandhs.

Guru Bala: Continue practising and you will get the desired result !

Regi: Thank you respected Guru ! And friends! Thanks to yoga vidya!

Bela: do syrya namaskar 108 times daily
sorry surya namaskar

Chetankumar: Along with forward bending asanas ....Drink Water at 60-70 deg Celsius (not while excersizing ,or after , or before it),..
If U r fat ......U will loose more than 10kgs in 3 months

Hem: I agree with H Lucy with ref to Pranayama. You need to do Surya bhedana pranayama for at least 20 minutes twice a day + yoga and you can lose 4 kg within two months... Why wait for six months to achieve your goal. :)) If you wish I will send you a list of basic asanas for reducing fat.
Also try to eat right . Get on to a raw food diet. But do it slowly and steadily. (will write to you about that too... tomorrow :))

Ramesh: Buttermilk+Milk+Fruit juice+veg soup+morning jogging for 1kms ...u will loose 2 kgs per month dot sure

Jake: Long steady walks will also help to burn those unwanted kgs. After a warm up, speed walk to bring up the heart rate, then you can bring your pace down to where you are more comfortable. The point is to keep the heart rate up while walking as long as possible. This is the least strenuous way to loose weight. I'm sure you'll meet your goal!

Raj: hallasan and naukasan will do ur work!!

Queenie: Do 20 rounds of surya namaskar twice a day (Mor/Even)... u w'llsee the result.. all the best

You need to be a member of Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality to add comments!

Join Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Best 5 Yoga For Weight Loss Asanas

• Triangle Pose
    • Warrior 2 Pose
    • Upward Facing Dog
    • Boat Pose
    • Bow Pose

for More details:- visit yoga for weight loss blog.

Yoga for Weight Loss: 5 yoga Asanas to Help You Lose Weight
    Looking for a way to lose weight? Here are the top 5 poses of yoga for weight loss that you can practice regularly.
  • I've just started with Yoga so this has helped me more than you'd think!

Thank you so much for posting this!

• Weight loss is an difficult journey which you can easily complete by doing the yoga. Yes now you can lose weight at home for free of cost. From the yoga practice you will learn the value of yoga in your life. The best part about the yoga is you don't need any equipment to practice the yoga. For learning the yoga aspects you can join the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. In this you will learn the yoga asanas which is good for the weight loss.

1. Plank
    2. Side Plank
    3. Downward Facing Dog
    4. Upward Facing Dog
    5. Sun Salutation
    6. Warrior 2 Pose
    7. Warrior 3 Pose
    Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India - Sharada Yoga Peeth
    Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh India at Sharada Yoga Peeth. Learn Yoga Alliance USA certified Yoga TTC in Rishikesh India 2020 from best yoga sch…
This reply was deleted.