You pick up any book of devotion like the DURGAA-SAPTASHATEE, etc, in India, the chances are that you will find therein the sections like the KAVACHA, HRDAYA, NYAASAHA, etc, that consume up much time of the devotee before the devotee actually starts chanting the hymn or reciting the DEITY’s PRAISE [STUTE/STOTRA]. At the first glance, these sections would seem to be an unnecessary and burdensome addition to the HYMNs/BHAJANAs/AARATEEs given therein for a particular deity like the DIVINE MOTHER, SHEVA, HANUMANA, RAMA and so on.
But, in reality, all these sections serve a very useful purpose. What is that useful purpose?
THE USEFUL PURPOSE:
1. These sections require the devotee to do certain physical acts. For example, the NYAASAHAs like the KARANYAASAHA, HRDAYAADENYAASAHA, AKSHARANYAASA, etc., NYAASAHAs make the devotee to move, touch or press certain parts of one’s own body like the thumb-tip against the finger-tips and so on. These acts are actually a kind of acupressure-acts, helping open up or balance the energy/blood flow in the devotee’s body.
2. The acts/HRDAYAADENAAYASA like the AUM-AENGA REENGA KLEENGA CHAAMUNDAAYAE VECH-CHAE- ASTRYAAEI PHATA requiring the devotee to move the INDEX and MIDDLE fingers of the right-palm from the front of one’s face towards left and over one’s head from the back through the right side of one’s face and hitting these two fingers on one’s left-palm PRODUCES a big sound. This sound actually helps remove the negative energy from and around the sitting place of the devotee.
3. These activities help the devotee become more alert, concentrated or focused.
4. LET ME DISCLOSE THE TOP SECRET NOT DISCLOSED SO FAR BY ANY SPIRITUAL MASTER: YOU DON’T NEED DO REGULARLY ALL THE CUMBERSOME YOGA-AASANAS [PHYSICAL EXCERCISES] and PRANNAAYAAMAS [BREATHING EXCERCISES] separately at all ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO CORRECTLY REGULARLY the sections like the KAVACHA, HRDAYA, NYAASAHA, etc…!BUT, TO BE ABLE TO DO SO, YOU FIRST NEED TO BECOME PROFICIENT IN THE BASICS OF THE YOGA BECAUSE THESE SECTIONS INHERENTLY MAKE YOU DO SOME OF THESE YOGA-ACTS IN A VERY SIMPLE SUBTLE MANNNER...!
5. The devotees don’t get the desired result from the worship of their respective deities MAINLY because the devotees don’t know HOW-TO-DO and don’t DO CORRECTLY REGULARLY the sections like the KAVACHA, HRDAYA, NYAASAHA, etc.