Question from Gautam: "Which is the best Book to learn yoga?" What are the favorite books you've learned from?
This question was asked on our facebook page and received several answers - do you have any other advice?

Angel: ‎"Yoga: liberty and immortality" a good book bt written in french.

Ekta: Yoga by BKS Iyengar

Gautam: @Angel thanks.but i want english version

Ranika: Learn under an instructor and then read for progressing. Yoga is not like cooking., where a cookery book will help. We need an instructor to learn the basics.

Andrea: Asana,Pranayama,Mudra,Bandha By Swami Satyananda saraswati

Ian: ‎"Autoperfection with Hatha Yoga" is an excellent book. Look for an instructor, it's important.

Shammi: Many books but "Light on Yoga" By B.K.S. Iyengar seems like a bible

Harte: Swami sivananda's and baba ram dev's books are good..

Michelle: yoga sutra Patanjali

Fred: Congrats on the decision to start doing yoga. Once you find a good book, Practice yoga with patience. Pushing yourself more than your body can handle will amount to non violence. Maintain a 'Yoga Diary or Journal' Right from day 1. Record all the asanas/pranayama etc.,. Recording how you feel before, during and after the yoga session too will be immensely helpful to you in your yoga practice. God Bless :-)

Yenny: I love "Light on Yoga" too...

Nicole: a proper translation of patanjali's yoga sutras,and bks iyengar's "light on yoga"

Maria: The Complete Illustrated Book of YOGA" by Swami Vishnu-Devananda
Books by the Sivananda Yoga Centre: "Beginner's guide to Yoga", "YOGA Mind and Body".

Bela: books are for reading & learning but for practising yoga find a good teacher then learn yoga from him or her

Sunita: books with give u knowledge ab yoga but best is skilld teacher

Harte: Go for Yoga Vacation in Swami sivananda's ashram.
http://www.sivananda.org/

Praveena: Raja yoga by Swami Vivekananda.Every time you read it,it reveals something

You need to be a member of Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality to add comments!

Join Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality

Email me when people reply –