What are some good poses for extremely limited space where no ground poses can be done? This question was asked on our facebook page and received several answers - do you have any other advice? Shoumava: There are certain modified asanas for office to do like sitting in a chair but if u r talking about a small room then, you can practice most of the asanas on a Yoga Mat and do Shavasana also comfortably. For small spaces asanas like Tadasana, Ardha chakrasana (back bending), Padahastasana( front bending) etc are comfortable but Shavasana is compulsory after every pose so you need some space at least http://www.ehow.com/how_5383392_practice-yoga-small-living-space.html Melvin: Thanks for the advice and the link. Lots of help. Chandni: All asanas can be done. Any yoga asana doesn't require more than 6 ft X 2 ft of ground space which is extremely limited by any standard. Sarala: well said!!. all standing postures....like tadasana... and,,,..sitting postures like paschimottasana ,,,,bhujangasana,,shalabhasana ,.. .finally where there is a will there is a way... .... Sita Chaitanya: Well I think there are a lot of postures you can do, headstand, shoulderstand, plow with bent knees variation, standing cobra, standing forward bend, tons of other standing postures, standing bow, standing spinal twist, triangle,... If you look through a book with variations I think there are many that could be done. Gregg: Learning to stand properly on 2 feet is a killer !!! It's very hard. Mr. Iyengar had us in Tadasana for 1 hour and He taught the whole time. 1987 Havard.

You need to be a member of Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality to add comments!

Join Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are many nice kundalini sets which can be done entirely on the space of a yoga mat. Look for books by Yogi Bhajan or I have one by someone else called Yoga for Prosperity. Don't be put off by the name, it's a nice little book full of half hour sets you can do on a yoga mat - I bought it off of Amazon.com

This reply was deleted.