Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality
How to get rid of that discomforting gastric trouble that several people feel after having eaten a meal or some light refreshment that contains gas-forming ingredients? The resultant burps or farting, silent or sound-making, is both unpleasant and discomforting.
In an earlier research paper titled “WHAT ARE THE SIMPLEST YOGIC AND AYURVEDIC WAYS TO OVERCOME THE GAST...”, Dr Swaamee Aprtemaanandaa Jee has shown some of the effective ways in which Yoga techniques and certain Ayurveda ingredients can help the patient overcome gastric troubles in certain emergency medical situations.
However, the present research paper goes a step further and delves deeper, coming up with a few more solutions.
The following are some of the tried and time-tested ways to remove the gastric discomfort involving the burps or farting experienced after having eaten gastric-friendly food-stuff.
(1) URINATION AFTER EXPERIENCING THE GASTRIC DISCOMFORT
Go to a urinal and urinate immediately after you experience continuing discomforting burps or farting. This may help eliminate or minimize the unpleasant gastric trouble.
(2) DOING THE VAJRAASAN-YOGA
Immediately after having had a meal, walk for 50-100 meters, in your room or outside. Then, do the Vajraasan for 5-10 minutes with one’s eyes closed and one’s attention focused on the spinal cord. Place your palms gently on your knees. Inhale and exhale comfortably. The burping or farting may get eliminated fully or be minimized.
(3) DRINKING THE SPICY TEA
If you still experience uncomfortable and unpleasant bout of burps or farting even after having tried the Vajraasan, it is time for you to try the spicy tea. Make a cup or two of the spicy tea by mixing a little water, a little milk, a few tea leafs or a little amount of tea-dust, a clove piece, a cardamom piece, a ginger nod (preferably dry ginger also called Sonth सोंठ), a little amount of sugar; and boil the same in a container for a few minutes till the boiling mixture gives out the nice refreshing and soothing aroma/smell of ginger/clove/cardamom. Then, filter this mixture with a sieve into your cup and drink it slowly. The burps or farting shall amazingly stop either immediately or in a few minutes!
(4) VISIT A LAVATORY AND PASS OUT THE STOOL
If even after trying out the aforesaid three methods, burps or farting still trouble you, it’s time to visit a lavatory and pass out the stool. This shall rid you of burps/farting.
Dr Swaamee Aprtemaanandaa Jee’s scientific theory and explanation
Why do the four methods described here actually yield the desired results?
According to Dr Swaamee Aprtemaanandaa Jee, this is why it happens.
(1) The water in the food is an essential fuel that actively participates in the food-digestion process. The water plays an important role in the formation of the burps and farting, also. You deprive the burp/farting process the vital fuel by urinating that essentially means the exit of the water-fuel from the shareer. The result is that the burps/farting either stop or subside in the absence of the vital water-fuel.
(2) The Vajraasan balances and regularizes the movement of the five types of Vaayus, especially curbing the undisciplined erratic movement of the Apaan Vaayu. The food is digested properly. The unwanted burp/fart production stops.
(3) The clove, cardamom, and ginger are known to have certain chemical properties that help in eliminating or subsiding/minimising the burp/gas/fart formation.
(4) The passing out of the stool helps you to be ridden completely of the burp/fart-forming undigested food material that was in the intestines.
However, a word of caution: In extreme or rare cases, the burps/farting may still not get fully stopped or fully minimised even by following the methods discussed in the instant scientific research paper. However, it is wholly true that these four methods do help to certain extent in all cases of gastric discomfort.
~ Dr Swaamee Aprtemaanandaa Jee
(Fotos: Courtesy Dr Swaamee Aprtemaanandaa Jee)