1. Pride, Vanity, Conceit, Self-Glorification: Any form of hurt is due to pride, an inflated ego, one that is excessively attached to what it thinks it knows, believes, possesses or how it looks. When you expect other people to make you feel good you are going to be hurt because they do those things that make them feel good.
Often they waste time and energy trying to save face or plotting revenge. Solution to these problems is inquiry into isvara. Where did your special qualities come from.
2. Pretension, Affectation: Claiming something that has no basis in fact. Creating fake identies brings a lot of stress. Problem of judging your value in comparison to other people.
3. Non-Injury: Mutual expectation of non injury. It may be injury if vegetarians hurt the feelings of non vegetarians. A bad thought doesn’t go to the other person. It stays in your mind and hurts yourself. You should think the opposite thought. Think before you speak or act. Only help people when they ask you for help.
4. Accommodation, Commodiousness: Making room for people in your life, being not too busy to pay attention to other people. People want to be heard. At least you
can spend enough time to find out what others want from you. Accomodation to the needs of others is a sign for a sense of nonduality. If you are aiming for sainthood, non-injury and accommodation are the minimum requirements. Wisdom and scriptural knowledge are not necessary, only these values.
5. Straightforwardness, Truthfulness. Your actions should be in line with your thoughts. Diplomacy and manners are helpful to communicate unpleasant information successfully.
6. Service to the Teacher. By keeping your mind on the Self, doing your karma yoga. The teacher has nothing to gain. Teacher wants to share the
love of god with you. 7. Cleanliness: Outer cleanliness. A mind with no secrets. Transparency. Being natural. The bad stuff was given to you by isvara too. It is not your fault. When you acknowledge your vulnerability and your selfishness you are over it.
More Vedanta seminars.
Donate to appreciate our work www.yoga-vidya.org/english/donation/.
More english yoga seminars: yoga-vidya.org/english/
Please visit Yoga Vidya for more inspiring talks and spiritual community: