Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality
Time: October 1, 2015 to October 10, 2015
Location: Durgas Tiger School in Tumbaco / Quito, Ecuador
Street: Rumihuaico Alto, lote 169, segunda acequia EC170910
City/Town: Tumbaco / Quito
Website or Map: http://durgas-tiger-school.co…
Phone: +593 2 237 38 64
Event Type: certification, in, levels, i, &, ii, of, somaveda®, thai, yoga, w/onacs
Organized By: Durga's Tiger School
Latest Activity: Jun 25, 2015
*Bi-lingual instruction available in Spanish & English.
Certification in Levels I & II of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga w/ONACS
This course is NCBTMB APPROVED for LMTs in the United States and adds a modality to your already existing practice.
You DO NOT need to be a Licensed Massage Therapist or Yoga Teacher/Practitioner to learn and practice Thai Yoga.
This training will certify the student in over 150 therapeutic postures. Students will learn healthy body mechanics to support longevity as a practitioner, BETEFT Bio Tapping to combat negative unresolved emotions and chronic issues (for practitioner and client). Theory and practice of Flow (a Filipino martial art style of learning) as means of learning Thai Yoga efficiently. Theory of Ayurveda, Sen energy lines & wind gates, history of Thai Yoga, the Southern Royal Method and how to practice as an unlicensed practitioner.
SomaVeda® Thai Yoga incorporates 2500 years of sacred knowledge into modern times. In brief, Thai Yoga decompresses the skeleton and major joints, stimulates healthy circulation of body fluids, greatly increases flexibility with deep assisted stretching and detoxifies soft tissue. It also lessens stress, alleviates pain and increases a steady flow of energy in the body, balancing sen lines (energy lines) and meridians by means of integrated acupressure and pressure points along the entire body.
Using Ayurvedic theory SomaVeda® Thai Yoga practitioners provide a comprehensive healing system for their clients, greatly impacting his or her health in a positive way, including emotional and nutritional balances! We say we use our whole body to treat the whole body.
- 66 Hours of Intensive Training in 10 days
- Days 1-3 / Level 1 : Fundamentals of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga - 18 Hrs. of instruction
A complete basic vinyasa incorporating all five body attitudes.
For more info: http://thaiyogacenter.com/sv_level_one
- Days 4-10 / Level 2 : Ayurvedic, Southern Style SomaVeda® Thai Yoga - 48 Hrs. of insruction
The SomaVeda® Therapeutic Protocol: Seven unique daily sessions including all five body attitudes: Supine, Side, Prone, Abdomen & Seated applications.
For more info: http://thaiyogacenter.com/leveltwo
- EFT Bio Tapping Techniques
○ Additional opportunities to explore pranayamic breath work, meditation, yin yoga, Tantric Yoga, work with shamanism and medicinal plants.
Cost of the course includes ($1272):
- Certification in completion of Levels 1 & 2 of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga
- Required texts
- ONACS Membership (ONACS is the Native American Church and Private Membership Organization that provides legal protection to teachers, students, and practitioners of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga)
- Housing and 3 vegetarian meals daily at Casa Kiliku retreat.
This course is taught by: Kruu (Professor) Alex Ryberg, RYT 500 & 1028 Advanced Certified SomaVeda® Thai Practitioner & Teacher. Alex has over 1,000 hours of hands on training and practice with clients in SomaVeda® Thai Yoga and nearly 500 contact hours in teaching yoga, specializing in yin.