Make sure you do postures which are demanding for your muscles. Hold them for about 10-30 seconds. Find out ways how you can make the postures more demanding for strength. Most important muscles to develop are:
- Thighs and buttocks through Vira Bhadrasana, Warrior Pose
- Abdominal Muscles through Navasana and abdominal exercises
- Back Muscles through Cobra, Locust and a host of other exercises
- Muscles of arms and shoulders through Dog's pose , crow and inclined plane
- Neck muscles through various neck exercises
Usually it is sufficient to practice muscle strength twice a week.