Pranayama

Few words of Swami Tapovanam

Pranayama, practised without a spirit of dispassion, is just like
the control of breath practised by fishermen while diving into the
sea to catch fish.

It is impossible to exhause desires through enjoyment. So the only
way to overcome them is through right thinking.

To appear fresh every second is the true nature of beauty.

He is a Mahatma who keeps the tongue, word and the mind perfectly
under control and patiently withstands all provocations.

Who can escape scalding if he touches fire? Similarly, if one
meddles with sensuous pleasures, how can he escape pollution?

If by studying the scriptures one can become a sannyasin, by
counting the King's money one must become a millionaire.

Tapas means turning pain into pleasure.

Swami Tapovanam

You need to be a member of Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality to add comments!

Join Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

As a yoga trainer, i know that there many benefits of doing pranayama yoga and I would recommend pranayama yoga to every person who practices yoga. i want to mention some of the benefits of doing pranayama yoga:
    It slows down the heart rate as more oxygen can be pumped even with less number of breaths. Follow the ration of 1:2 for inhalation:exhalation.
    Reduced wear and tear of internal organs.
    Lowering of blood pressure, relaxation of body tensions and quieter nerves.
    Improves blood circulation.

I have been doing yoga since long time and i have learnt a lot about yoga from a yoga center that is based in Goa. Here in Turiya Yoga, i learnt how to control my breath and to perform yoga asanas in the right way.

• Pranayama is one of the best ways to control you breath and being a yoga practitioner, i know how good it is for overall health.
    Nowadays there are many yoga centers that really helps you out in learning all the asanas and guide you the right way of performing them.

• One of the best yoga institute i came across was Yoga Vini Rishikesh. They provide 200 hours teacher training course in rishikesh. It is been registered alliance USA. Hatha Yoga, meditation, asanas, pranayama all these would be included in the course.

They have their own video link I would share with you all Yoga Vini Rishikesh Video

Yoga Teacher Training Courses in Rishikesh - Yoga Vini
    Yoga Vini is a certified yoga and Ayurveda school, that offering the Best Yoga Teacher Training Courses in Rishikesh, India by certified yoga instruc…
  • Yoga exercises helps in increased our strength, Yoga also helps clear the mind and destress using meditation. The benefits of yoga are numerous.
    Yoga Teacher Training India

This reply was deleted.