who is a real guru!?

Who is a Real Guru? A real Guru is one who is born from time to time as a repository of spiritual force which he transmits to future generations through successive links of Guru and Shishya (disciple). The current of this spirit-force changes its course from time to time, just as a mighty stream of water opens up a new channel and leaves the old one for good. Thus it is seen that old sects of religion grow lifeless in the course of time, and new sects arise with the fire of life in them. Men who are truly wise commit themselves to the mercy of that particular sect through which the current of life flows. Old  forms of religion are like the skeletons of once mighty animals, preserved in museums. They should be  regarded with the due honour. They cannot satisfy the true cravings of the soul for the Highest, just as  a dead mango-tree cannot satisfy the cravings of a man for luscious mangoes. The one thing necessary is  to be stripped of our vanities — the sense that we possess any spiritual wisdom — and to surrender  ourselves completely to the guidance of our Guru. The Guru only knows what will lead us towards  perfection. We are quite blind to it. We do not know anything. This sort of humility will open the door  of our heart for spiritual truths. Truth will never come into our minds so long as there will remain the  faintest shadow of Ahamkâra (egotism). All of you should try to root out this devil from your heart. Complete self-surrender is the only way to spiritual illumination.

You need to be a member of Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality to add comments!

Join Yoga Vidya International - Yoga, Meditation and Spirituality

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awareness of inner power brings the capacity to use the inner treasures.

Projection: We have within us a lot of treasures - the treasures of thoughts, time and virtues that we have not been using fully. The power within us enables us to recognise and use these treasures in a worth while way. The more we are able to work with them we find them increasing.

Solution: I need to remind myself of the treasures within me and try and discover which treasure I have that I can work on. Even if I think of a simple speciality of mine which I could make use of, I would find it increasing and I would find others benefitting too.
This reply was deleted.