Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR YOGA-STUDENTS
1. Practise Asans and Pranayama in the early morning or three hours after food.
2. Offer prayers to Guru and God before commencing the practice.
3. Take Satvic food; avoid hot, pungent, sour articles of food and stimulants like tea, coffee, etc.
4. Keep a clean room under lock and key; let it be well-ventilated, cool free from insects and from other sources of disturbance.
5. Observe strict Brahmacharya; avoid unnecessary talks.
6. Reduce your wants. Develop contentment.
7. Take bath before the practice; if that is not possible have a wash before and bath at least half an hour after the practice.
8. Sit facing East or North.
9. Be regular and systematic in your practice.
10. Obey your Guru implicitly in all respects.