You can practice Yoga
at any time of the day you feel comfortable. Here
are some possibilities:
- practice early in the morning: You get lots of energy for the day. But
most are more stiff in the morning
- practice in the evening before dinner: You are more flexible in the
- practice about 2-3 hours after dinner. You can do final relaxation for
- practice Yoga whenever you feel confortable.
If you can have a regular practice, it is best. Even if you have irregular working hours, you can be regular:
Establish a specific time for each typical kind of day. For example you can say/write/pledge:
- when I start work early in the morning, I will practice directly after work
- whenever I start working later, I will practice in the morning
- whenever I have lots of energy, I will practice the more demanding postures
- whenever I am more tired, I will do more relaxation.
Normally it is best not
to eat about 1-4 hours before Yoga practice. Try out what feels most
What do you think? Please share your thoughts, advice and experiences.