Community on Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Spirituality
Yoga Teacher Training in India would be the best option if you want to become a Certified Yoga Teacher. Nothing can be better than becoming a Yoga Teacher from the place where Yoga originated from. There are many Yoga Centers focus on minting money and not giving a proper teaching. Hence I'm writing this article to make everyone aware about Do's and Don't.
You can do it from many places in India -
• Dharamsala - It is near the Himalaya, on mountain ranges. Most of the centers are in McLeodGanj. You would love this place if you like peace, serenity, hill stations, mountains, and greenery. There is a Dalai Lama temple in McLeodGanj which is an attractive place.
• Goa - This place is known for parties and chilling in India. Goa is surrounded by beaches and can be a good destination for learning yoga is you like beaches, and partying and loud life.
• Rishikesh - This is the place where yoga really started. It is a place of all "sadhus" and "santas". This is the religious capital of India. It is a great place to go if you like religious places, temples and worshipping God.
• Kerala - Kerala is a very beautiful place, if you love nature, you'd love doing yoga in nature. It is knows for their forests, backwaters and tree houses. It is called the Venice of East.
Things of taking care before joining a Yoga Teacher Training Centre in India -
• Teachers - Please check out every teacher profile for whatever school you are opting for. This is a very important cause, better the teachers, better you experience would be.
• Accommodation - Check the accommodation pictures on the School's website, it they have not put any pictures, do ask for pictures so that you have a rough idea of where you are going to stay.
• Food - Do recheck with them about what type of food they provide and what all options are available nearby.
• Batch size - I personally feel that the batch size should be around 15-20. It should not be less, cause it will not provide that exposure of meeting new people and narrowing the cultural difference and it should not be more because you won't be able to focus on everything that is being taught. Hence make sure you confirm the batch size before joining.
• Certification - Make sure that the school is certified by Yoga Alliance or any other reputed organization.
• Reviews - Please, in the end, go through about what student reviews. Watch video reviews cause written reviews can be forged.
Some good Yoga schools that I really liked -
1. Siddhi Yoga - Siddhi yoga operates in Dharamsala, Goa, Rishikesh, Kerala, and Thailand. I've heard that they are soon gonna start in the UK too. This school offers through out the year and has amazing teachers.
2. Mahi Yoga Centre - This is one of the most popular centre in Dharamsala. This centre is known for the goodwill is gives back. They are known for their service with low prices and brilliant teachers.
3. Yoga Dhyan- Yoga Dhyan offers their course in Dharamsala and Goa. This school also gives many short courses for students who can't join in for a month.
4. Neo Yoga Centre - Neo Yoga is centre is owned by Akhilesh Bodhi who is a traveler and a yoga enthusiast. The best part about this school is that they carry out Yoga retreats in many parts of the world except India.
5. Yoga Mystica - Like Mahi Yoga famous in Dharamsala, this school tops the list for the best school in Goa. You can get the best yoga teacher training in Goa from this school. Their resort is at Arambol, where you can lovely sea facing resorts with a great teacher to teach you.
6. Shivdarshan Yoga- This school is known for small batch size. Shiva generally takes more classes of smaller batch size so that he can deliver knowledge to students effectively.
7. Indian Yogshala - This school is known its yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. They have their courses in Rishikesh throughout the year and are really good at what they do.
8. Chinmay Yoga - Chinmay Yoga delivers what every yoga institution does by with a different objective. The director of Chinmay Yoga believes that Yoga is something which should not be charged for, hence he only charges for food and accommodation but doesn't charge for Yoga. Thus, his prices are very low. Hence you get proper training, with low price and great quality.
General instruction/motivation before joining YTT in India -
• Please make sure you have cleared your all doubts and queries before you join them
• Make sure it is trusted and you have read the reviews - There are some nice reviews on Quora too.
• Be calm and passionate about learning and knowing new things.
• Trust and believe in yourself, and you will thrive!